- Between Sunday evening when news broke about bin Laden’s death through 1p today, CNN.com has generated 88 million global page views, a 217% gain over the prior 4-week average for the same time period (10 PM-1PM, Sunday to Monday).
- In that time there were also 13.8 million global video starts (live and VOD) on CNN.com, a 725% gain over the prior 4-week average. On Sunday alone, CNN.com had 2.6 million live video views, up more than 100 times the usual levels due, in large part, to news of bin Laden’s death.
- CNN iReport has received 407 submissions related to bin Laden’s death with 71 vetted for use on CNN. Submissions are 35% higher than the first day of breaking news of the earthquake inJapan.
- CNN Mobile’s website had 7.7 million global page views on Sunday, a 153% increase over the same day prior 4-week average, due in large part to news of bin Laden’s death. Page views for Monday through 10a were 5.1 million, up 146% from the prior 4-Mondays during the same time-frame.
– CNN’s mobile web had 26.7 thousand domestic video starts on Sunday, a 23% gain over the same day prior 4-week average. Video views on Monday were 56.4 thousand through 10a, a 906% increase over the prior 4-Monday average.